Asked by shaless on Jul 09, 2024

If an Inuit community believed that the Crown mishandled First Nations money and they wanted to renegotiate the terms surrounding the previous treaty agreement, which type of claim would they need to make?

A) comprehensive claim
B) specific claim
C) Aboriginal claim
D) First Nations claim

Comprehensive Claim

A claim made with an insurance company that covers all damages or losses covered under a policy, except for those specifically excluded.

Specific Claim

A claim made by Indigenous peoples in Canada regarding the administration of land and other assets under treaties, or the failure to fulfill government obligations.

Aboriginal Claim

A legal assertion by indigenous peoples to lands and resources traditionally owned or used by them, often involving historical treaties and agreements.

  • Acquire knowledge about the different categories of land rights and treaties existing between First Nations and the state.